How Reader's Digest boosted their revenue by
33% in 30 days using AMP
Launched in 1922, Readers Digest has built 90 years of trust with a loyal audience and has become the largest circulating magazine in the world with a strong online presence.
- Site had AMP but wasn't being optimzed for AMP Ads
- Wanted to improve their monetization performance by increasing their eCPM
- Increase visibility in search results
AMP Ads Optimization
You can click on what you're most interested in or scroll though them all.
What goals did Readers Digest have?
We discussed the desired outcome and performance goals we wanted to hit.
What challenges did we face?
We audited the site to find quick wins & formulate our plan of attack.
Our approach to optimizing AMP
What we did to deliver programmatic auction growth to Readers Digest in 30 days.
Reader's Digest was already performing well at generating a good amount of ad revenue from web. However, more of their traffic was going towards mobile and although they had AMP-powered pages they were never optimized for AMP Ads.
- Optimization of AMP pages
- Implement AMP monetization strategy
- Increase display ad revenue
- Increase eCPM
and see what results you could get?
We love a challenge
Reader’s Digest was already doing well, and they had amp-enabled pages however none of them were configured and optimized for monetization. Our aim was to drive instant results for a site that had a lot of traffic but AMP was being underutilized.
Our solutions also needed to focus on a great user experience with our ads placements and delivering higher viewability with a focus on improving eCPM.
Our team did the following:
- Reader’s Digest was a clean slate for us to work on since they never had AMP Ads installed on their site. It meant we could start fresh from the start without having to do in-depth analysis on their data
- We double-checked all their AMP code to ensure that there were no validation issues
- We focused on improving their user experience as this has a direct impact on their speed, rankings and helps overall engagement
- We used our best practices in our AMP monetization set up so that we could get the best possible results in improving viewability and increasing eCPM
We built Reader's Digest AMP monetization to deliver immediate results based on their current setup. We then consult and help implement these recommendations with the development team over at Reader's Digest to ensure everything is installed correctly.
The results speak for themselves
- Revenue from AMP has overtaken revenue from Web
- 32% increase in AMP CPM vs Web
- 35% increase in eCPM vs Web
- Optimized ad placements
- Traffic increase from search results due to higher rankings in Google
Don't take our word for it...
"Triple13 has been our long-term monetization partner now for a number of years. We wanted to start running ads on our AMP pages but we’ve only ever monetized our web, so they proposed a complete audit of our advertising. The results are fantastic, and we are really surprised and delighted with the additional revenue being generated from AMP.
We went from having zero revenue from AMP to a 33% boost in overall revenue in 30 days. I am delighted with Triple13 and the results they have generated, and I would recommend others to get an audit of their ad stack and see what results they can get for you!"
Every publisher is different
That's why our expertise in analyzing your ad stack and your data will allow us to create a custom setup designed to maximize revenue and increase CPM.
Get in touch with our team today
We specialize in AMP monetization , it's what we do best. To get
results like the one above book
a free audit of your website with our team today.